Lún HYPER: Black Edition
They say black never goes out of fashion, and they may be right. We love our Lún HYPER wheels. We think the butterfly weave looks industrial and purposeful. However, we’re all about choice here at Lún Wheels. It came to our attention that some people just didn’t like the butterfly weave. Fair enough. So, we took a bunch of them and sprayed them black. Job done. Other brands would probably drop some letters to make it cool like “BLK EDTN” or something foreign like “Edition noir”…but… nah. It’s the Black Edition.
It’s just like Lún Hyper. But Black.
- – 38mm, 50mm or 65mm tall filament-wound rim with 26mm external and 19mm internal rim width. Filament winding puts the carbon’s strength where it’s needed allowing crucial weight savings in non-essential areas.
- – Tubeless-ready hooked rim bead-seat supports tubeless tires from 23-45mm. Tested with Schwalbe Pro One, Continental GP5000 TL.
- – High-temperature resistant, high-friction braking surface on rim brake versions.
- – Carbon fibre spokes with excellent strength to weight ratio weighing 2.6g per spoke.
- – Aerodynamic profile for decreased air resistance.
- – Rear wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on rear wheels. 21 spokes.
- – Front wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on disc brake wheels, 21 spokes. Radial lacing on rim brake wheels, 16 spokes.
- – Bespoke engineered Winspace hubs.
- – Over-sized 17mm central axles.
- – Supplied with standard Shimano compatible 11s freewheel body.
- – SRAM XDR Driver also availible upon request.
- – Bicycle specific Ceramic bearings for decreased rolling resistance.
- – Compatible with regular clincher tires with innertubes.
- – Compatible with tubeless-ready tires from leading manufacturers.
- – When using tubeless tires do not exceed 100psi for riding. (Upto 120psi may be required to initially seat the tire) 100psi is plenty for road tubeless.
- – Tire pressures should decrease as sizes increase. EG: 30mm tire no more than 85psi, 35mm tire no more than 60psi, 40-45mm tire no more than 40psi.
The system limit (Rider + bike + luggage, etc.) is 135kg. However, riders above 95kgs should regularly inspect their wheels or get a qualified bike mechanic to do so.
- – Rim brake versions: Wheels, 1* White Lún HYPER Decal Set, 1* Black Lún HYPER Decal Set, QR Skewers, Tubeless Rim Tape, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders, Brake Pads.
- – Disc brake versions: Wheels, 1* White Lún HYPER Decal Set, 1* Black Lún HYPER Decal Set, Tubeless Rim Tape, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders.
We stand by all our products and offer a 2 year warranty on our Lún Hyper wheels.
This wheelset carries a limited warranty of two (2) years from the date of purchase to the original owner only. Unless otherwise stated, the sole remedy under this warranty or any implied warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts with thos of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Winspace. Winspace will not be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability or any other theory. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on parts in situations where there are no material defects. This warranty does not cover consumable components including brake pads, spokes, rim tapes, bearings, etc.
So, what is the Black Edition?
It’s our much-loved and critically acclaimed Lún HYPER wheels; but painted black. The filament-wound construction and butterfly weave (on the 38s and 50s) that give the HYPER their performance are still there under the paint. In fact, at certain angles you can still just about see the slight contours of the butterfly weave on the rim.
What else is different?
The rim is painted black with some subtle black “BLACK EDITION” logos at the bottom of the rim. In the box we also include a set of black Lún HYPER decals and a set of white Lún HYPER decals so you can chose how you want your wheels to look. We have a total off 11 different colors of Lún HYPER decals available if you want to match your bike.
Are they faster?
Nope! They’re about 10 grams heavier per wheel from the weight of the paint too. That comes out to the wheelset being about 1.4% heavier. One percent. Don’t lose sleep over it.
The Choice is Yours
The Black Edition is all about choice. Giving riders the choice to have the butterfly weave or not. We took this mentality a step further by giving riders the choice of applying or not applying the Lún HYPER decals, and if they do want to apply them, we have more than 10 different colors available. In the box you’ll find a set of black and a set of white decals. (14 of each… you only need 12, but we supply extras in case you make a mistake applying them.) Personalize your wheels or color-code them with your bike…the choice is yours!
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Black Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Blue Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Green Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Pink Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Purple Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Red Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Yellow Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With White Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Silver Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Gold Decals.
Lún HYPER 50mm Rim Brake BLACK EDITION With Rainbow Decals.
- The “Lún Performance Wheels” logo and BLACK EDITION logos are non-removable.
- The supplied Black and White decals come unapplied and should be applied by the user. For instructions on installing the decals, see here: Decal Installation
- While the black paint covers the appearance of the butterfly weave, it does not fully cover the contours. As such, in certain lighting conditions the undulating contours of the side of the rim profile may be visible. This does not constitute a defect.